Video marketing is one of the most-talked about subjects in social media right now.
Marketers, brands, and businesses everywhere are all jumping aboard this incredible trend that has truly begun to take take over our social news feeds.
But despite its growing relevance, one of the questions we get most is:
How do I get started with video marketing?
With more than 70,000 subscribers on YouTube – where she’s closing in on 5,000,000 total views – Sunny Lenarduzzi is just the expert to talk to about getting started with video.
We had the pleasure of chatting with Sunny all about how marketers can get started with video – including what to film, how to film it, and how to make sure that people see your videos online. A huge thank you to Sunny for his wisdom and takeaways for social media managers and marketers alike looking to rock their video marketing strategy in 2017!
Here’s what you’ll learn:
Sunny Lenarduzzi shares tons of expert insights into how marketers and businesses can get started with video marketing. Including, the two most important things, how and why. You’ll also learn tips like:
- The secrets to YouTube SEO
- Essential video marketing gear for filming
- How to set up your studio – home or office
- What type of video content works best for social media
- Sunny’s biggest lessons learned in video marketing
3 Key Takeaways for Marketers Looking to Rock their Video Marketing Strategy in 2017
In Sunny’s words…
1. Start with educational content
There are really 3 types of great video marketing content – education, inspiration, or entertainment. The inspiration and entertainment are great, but if you’re just getting started and want to gain some momentum quickly, start with educational content. That’s what will get you found in search and build your viewers really fast.
2. Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can
Don’t worry about your set or your lighting, worry most about the value of the content that you are sharing. That’s what will get you the furthest the fastest.
3. Have a promotion strategy
Remember that when you published videos to YouTube or to other channels, you need to have a strategy in place to add fuel to the fire. Share your videos, everywhere, especially within the first 24 hours so that you can get the positive social media signals.
Mentionable Quotes and Shareable Snippets
“Embrace every little quirk that you have about yourself and don’t feel the pressure to be perfect. It’s the people who are imperfect that tend to do the best.”
– Sunny Lenarduzzi
- Video marketing is extremely vital for business growth – whether you’re an online brand or an offline brand.
- Creating videos around search topics and things that people are looking for online is when it becomes a really powerful tool. As we’re sitting here right now, your customers are out there looking for solutions to their problems.
- Retention equals the biggest reward. The longer people are tuned into your videos, the higher you’re going to rank in search. And the higher you rank in search, the more that people are going to find you.
- People are looking for solutions and answers to their problems with video – they’re not looking to get pitched. You have to add value before you can make a sale.
- The 5 must-haves for filming videos on your iPhone are: framing, stability, audio, lighting, set.
- It’s so not about me. It’s about how valuable the information I’m sharing is and how well I can keep the audience’s attention through the content.